Thursday, September 2, 2010

Week 1 Locks

Don't have much time due to work so here are the picks - short & sweet

1. Iowa St (-4.5) will cover tonight against an over-matched N. Illinois team. Not a lot behind this pick. I just like it and it will pay off. On the COD LOCK scale, I give this a 4.

2. LSU (-6) will crush UNC. There are too many distractions coming into the game for UNC to be ready for this game. The Tigers have a lot to prove and Les Miles is feeling the heat. Alabama has used this game the past 2 seasons as a springboard to a big season and LSU will do the same. This is a full scale 5 on the CL scale.

3. San Jose State (+37). I don't like big spreads even if it is the defending national champs. Alabama has never been one to blow out opponents. With the Ingram injury I just don't see them trying to do too much this first game. This game will be about ball control and getting some live action for the rebuilt defense. Bama wins this game without a doubt, but they won't cover. All that being said, I am only going to give this a 3 on the CL scale. You never know, maybe Saban hasn't been laid much in the past month and will be pissed. Or maybe they will be looking to make a statement. This is one game where if I am wrong, I don't care.

BP

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers