Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Just to vent



I love my vols but I can't help but think about how I sat around all off season, waiting patiently for this season to begin and now here I am, wishing it was over.
I know ya gotta give a new coach time and I'm trying. I love Dooley and I think he's the man for the job but at the same time, with the talent that we have at Tennessee, there is absolutely no reason a team like UAB should beat up on us like that. Sure, some like to say a win is a win but come on! It took them missing 5 field goals for us to luck our way into the W column. No excuse.

This weekend I can look forward to a nice non-lubricated raping at the hands of the LSU Tigers, after that, it's on to Athens where I'm really sad to say, we may not even be able to win there and those guys are aweful ( sorry Joe ) Then we follow that up with Bama and South Carolina. It is not only possible but likely that we will not win a single game in the month of October.

Joe and I were talking about how much we'll miss the epic trash talk that takes place every year during the UGA/UT match up and this year the magic is gone. This year, instead of 2 teams fighting it out for a chance to get to the sec championship game, we'll have the battle for the basement. I now know what it's like to be a vandy fan and it ain't cool. Really, no one can talk trash after this game cause it's not about who has the better team this year, it's about which team sucks slightly less.

To all those Georgia fan's out there, I feel your pain.

There was really no point to this post, just an excuse to vent about how my favorite football weekend of the year will take place next weekend and for the first time I can remember. I don't even care.

oh and as an excuse to put up some picture of some faithful fans around the good ole SEC. Unfortunately I had trouble finding any from Tennessee. Go figure.






4 comments:

  1. nice post Rusty.. and I'm not sure what kind of talent yall have up there but I was under the impression that alot of guys left when kiffy got there and then some of kiffy's guys left when dooley arrived.. If this is the case then your talent may not be as good as you think (not talking shit here). Dooley will need time but im not sure how much the UT nation will give him. we may be on the coaching search in the same year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm just a GT fan, so what do I know? Here's my view anyway. I've said this in the past, I think DD is a mini Saban. His teams will be disciplined and will not beat themselves. I watched a couple of La Tech games last year and they hung in there with some big boys until they just got worn down/out matched talent wise. If UT gives him 3 years, he will have them playing great ball. I'd look for them to get back into challenging for the SEC in 4 or so years, thats if these rabid fans nowadays will give him time. On another note, nice T&A pics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. speaking of rabid fans.. i heard a guy on a sports radio show this morning - a GT fan - talking about if PJ was the "right guy" for the job..

    ReplyDelete
  4. People are crazy. That's what happens when these coaches create monsters. Slick Richt, for example, has set the expectation level so high that if he doesn't challenge for the SEC title every year the "Dawg Nation" wants him gone.

    PJ has done the same at Tech. The expectation levels are astronomical compared to the Gailey days and even the O'Leary days. That guy you heard on the radio needs to get in a time machine and fly back to Gailey's first year and live through 8 miserable years again and then come back to appreciate Good Ole PJ.

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Followers