Friday, September 10, 2010

2nd Week underway

Auburn didn’t look as bad as some Auburn fans are thinking, at least not to me.  I have spoken to a couple today and you would have thought they lost the damn game.  A road win in the SEC is a good win, be happy and don’t embarrass us against Clemson next weekend.  Cam Newton is the real deal and the way he handled the post game interview was classy.  I hope this kid has a good year and I will stop calling him a thief.. at least until they play UGA.  #90 on the D Line is a beast!  Really fun to watch him handle double teams like they are nothing.  And I am still on Mullen’s ball sack, and I think Reese is also. 

FSU going to Norman will be very interesting.  Oklahoma has the longest active home winning streak and I think FSU could snap it.   Ponder will either leave this game in the Heisman race or Oklahoma will leave as a front runner for the National title game. 

Da U at the Horse Shoe smells like another possible upset.  I am pulling for the U but not sure how Miami is entering the game mentally.  I heard an interview with Coach RS and it didn’t feel like the swagger of the U of old… 

Alabama and Penn State is going to be fun to watch.  The tradition of these to schools dwarf most schools.  And the fact that the uniforms or helmets have not changed makes it even better.  When you see those Crimson helmets with the numbers going head on with those solid white ones, you know you are watching the University of Alabama and Penn State.  I hope that the Bama fans will pay respect to Joe Pa with a loud ass standing ovation - I think Bear would appreciate it.    

Georgia has to win Saturday.  I know that us Georgia fans are passionate and sometimes may have higher expectations than the nation, but isn’t that what a fan is supposed to do?  I believe that this game dictates our season.  I believe that if South Carolina wins this game, no matter how close, then our season goes down also.  I think that we could end up with a miserable season if we don’t take care of business tomorrow and I am very nervous.  A win = the SEC East title and a L = 8-4 at best.  Hopeful the team is going into it with those same thoughts. 

1 comment:

Blog Archive

Followers