Sunday, September 5, 2010

My thoughts so far on opening weekend.

I think overall the board had some pretty good picks. Mine were unstoppable.

Apparently the Dawgs looked good. I have no clue, just going by what some of the fans are saying.

My Jackets looked ok. The O will get better because we all know "when the leaves start turnin the option starts churnin". The D is still struggling, but is a work in progress. 10 games is doable this year.

Ole Miss got beat by an underrated Jax St team. Just a bunch of dropout D1 thugs. To me this is not a huge suprise. Nowhere near App St at the Big House.

Pepper's team looked good on O, but Teddy Roof and The Chizz need to get the D going.

Les Miles will be fired after this year.

Bama is just a machine. Fundamentally sound with 5* players=championships.

Dan Mullen going to MSU keeps reaffirming what Joe and I have been thinking all along. He had more to do with UF's offense than people will admit. That may have been his baby? I do think UF will be fine though.

Notre Dame looked pretty good from some of the highlights I caught. We'll find out next week when the play Michigan(who looked REALLY good).

Ok St will be my money team this year. Just like Texas Tech used to be. They'll keep pouring it on all game.

I think UT will be ready for Oregon (700+ yards yesterday) this coming weekend.

Oh and I'm ready to see tOSU take on Da U,who all the commentators say is back. They have to show me something first.

That's pretty much it for now.

1 comment:

  1. Dawgs: i want to say they looked good but you really cant judge much against a team like Louisiana Lafayette - hell the back ups were showing out - I hope Murray starts sliding feet first or he will not be playing very long. Grantham has the fire that we need on the side lines. We will know what we are this coming up weekend vs. South Carolina.

    didn't see Tech - curious to how AG is going to have the D looking

    Ol Miss got beat by a team that is not in D1 - that is not good and a good argument for you against the mighty SEC

    Les Miles "we cant play that sloppally" i swear he said that after the game... i am not making this up.

    Didn't get to see AU but read the stats in the paper today and Cam seemed to have had a good day. I still need to see him do it vs a strong and fast D though.

    Bama is full of studs.. i still believe they lose a game this year but it will not be against Penn state in T-Town

    Reese, you and I have been saying Dan Mullin is the man and that Fla will drop off.. Tebow made up for him not being there but we will see a pretty big drop off with Fla this year.. Dawgs beat the Gayterds this year.

    really looking forward to seeing UT vs Oregon next weekend. Hope Dooley can win this game for the Vols - they really need a big a win

    over all the first weekend was great. I understand why i miss college football so much. texting all day with friends, talking on the phone until mid night while watching a game, drinking bourbon, the highs, the lows, the food, the dreams, everything is just better with college football..

    ReplyDelete

Blog Archive

Followers