Friday, September 10, 2010

Cod Locks

Well the NFL season is officiall underway. We had a real shootout last night and it was quite entertaining at 14-9.

I wanted to share a breakdown of some of the teams strenghts and weaknesses that I lifted off of ameicas greatest news source."the Onion"

San Diego - Unmatched at dominating the competition all season long and then dramatically losing in their first playoff game
Tampa Bay - They play the Rams, so at least one of those teams won't have to lose every game this season
Green Bay - After giving up 50 sacks in 2009, Green Bay's offensive line appears to have forgiven Aaron Rodgers for whatever he did
New Orleans - Drew Brees didn't lose his right arm in a logging accident, so that bodes well
Washington - Acquisition of 33-year-old Donovan McNabb gives them a solid quarterback for maybe four weeks
San Francisco - He may not be a Joe Montana, but Alex Smith is proving to be a better QB than Jim Druckenmiller, Gio Carmazzi, or Steve Stenstrom ever were
Miami - With a new big-name free agent and a talented young quarterback, Miami has the potential to disappoint like never before.
Kansas City -  Easy schedule as team plays seven games in the CFL this season
Cleveland - n/a

And finally, a couple of the weaknesses:
Dallas - Other than being the most infuriating, knuckle-whitening, I-want-to-throw-a-brick-through-my-television-set-when-I-watch-them team in the league, they are a little weak at free safety
Cincinnatti - Terrell Owens wants to prove he can still play at a high level, but he wants to systematically destroy an entire football organization much, much more

Now, on to my pics for the week.

[08_jarah-mariano_13.jpg]

3. NCAA Hawaii +3

Sorry but the boys just looked good last week. They put up 36 on USC, granted they are not the usc of old but still.

Also, Army doesn't play well at home. They are 3-9 ATS at home in the last 12 and 1-7 SU in the last 8.

I'm guessing HAwaii wins this one by a touchdown.

2. NFL Atl -2

I think the coons take advantage of a Ben-less team and take care of business in a big way

1. NCAA Miami +8.5

For the simple reason that I love their QB and this is just way too many point to hand to a team like Miami.

I would have loves to say my Vols are gonna shock the world this weekend and I do think they have a chance if they can find a way to control time of possesion and win the turnover battle.

But I aint putting a dime down to back that up.

Happy football weekend to all

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive

Followers