Friday, May 14, 2010

Friday

On March 17th I picked my Top 5 Idol contestants and said this.. “Anyone other than these 5 people make it to the final 3 then i will never watch Idol again.”  You can go read it HERE – The 5 people I choose were #1 Crystal Bowersox; #2 Lee Dewyze; #5 Casey James.  I am happy to say that the final 3 were in my Top 5 2 months ago when their were 12.  I don’t think that is to shabby.

What I do think is very shabby is Lebron James.  I will call him King James when he has a ring.  For now he should be called lil Jimmy – The Celtics proved that a good team can beat a great player in a best of 7 series more times than not.  I am happy for KG, Paul P, Rajon Rhondo, and Rasheed Wallace (dont really care about big babby davis and dont know many of the others) – The next matchups are going to be NBA basketball at its best.  Now I can start watching.  Last night was the first game that I watched in its entirety all year.  I had caught a qt here or a half there but never bell to bell this year until last night.  ANd thats really par for the course for me with the NBA.  Conference finals is when I get involved enough to watch entire games or exception of an elimination game between 2 good teams like last night.  As for the Conf-Finals; who do we like?  Orlando vs. Boston and Phoenix vs. Lakers – I love me some Kobe and didn’t like what the “Los Suns” did with the their jerseys but I really want Nash to get a ring and this year may be his last real chance.  The other series I plan on watching the first couple of games and getting a feel for who I want to win.  I do like the Magic’s Head Coach Stan Van Gundy and it will be interesting to see a Doc Rivers, who I also like, go and try to beat the team who gave him his start in Professional coaching.  Should be good stuff.

A buddy, Adam Vinson, had this on his FB page yesterday and Culpepper and I both stole it and put it on ours so I thought I would share it with some of you that may have missed it.  I also shared it with Starrett yesterday. 

That guy is special

1 comment:

Followers