Wednesday, May 26, 2010

Hump Day

Idol – last night I think Crystal won American Idol.  I just believe that she has the best “talent”  - I am very happy to say that who ever is announced the winner tonight that it will not be an upset.   Lee is great and I’m just happy that after watching this season that I am guaranteed not to be disappointed who ever wins.  

Dancing with the Stars – Erin Andrews career on DWTS is officially over.  So I will no longer be watching. 

I don’t know if any of you people have been watching “Justified” on FX but it is my favorite show on TV right now.  It’s about a US Marshal in Kentucky named Raylan Givins and he is a bad ass.  I have not missed 1 minute of 1 show and it has become Traci and I’s TV show.  Soprano’s used to be our TV night together and no matter what was going on we watched the Soprano’s together and now we have Justified.  (i am not comparing the two – i’m just saying if your looking for a good show that your better half will also enjoy then its a good one.  I’m not sure if any show will ever even come close to the Sopranos)

It looks like the Suns are not going to just roll over and die.  I think that this screams just how important Steve Nash is.  When we have watched Labron and Howard just tuck their tales between their legs and run, its nice to see someone like Nash lead his team to back to back wins after being down 2-0.   I really hope that he can carry them to the finals and beat the Celtics.  We all know that a Championship ring separates the great players and I think he disserves one.

BP – I’ m kinda of sick of hearing everyone bash BP.  I may be in the minority here but shut up.  They are doing everything they can to resolve this problem and it makes me sick to hear people bitch and moan and then go get in their 15 MPG SUV.  I guess what I’m trying to say is that this Oil Spill bothers me a great deal.  But most of it is for selfish reasons so I just keep my mouth shut.  I heard someone the other day say how happy they were that the Spill is going to miss Destin.  I asked how they felt about it hitting the keys and isn’t that just as bad?  No response.  I fell so sorry for all of the people that this will have an impact on and pray that something like this will never happen again.  But to be very honest, praying is pretty much all I am going to do.  I will continue to drive a 4x4 F150 and a 4x4 Suburban that get horrible fuel economy and I have no plans of changing any of my habits to try and reduce the amount of oil this country is so dependent on.  Someone please tell me where I am wrong here.

June is going to be a HUGE month for me.  I have Bamajam coming up in just a week in a half and then just 2 weeks later I have the best fishing trip I have ever gone on in Boca Raton Fl.  We will be in the prime Tarpon run and will be catching some of the hardest fighting fish in the ocean.  While getting them to the boat you have 100’s of hammer head sharks trying to eat them.  I tell you, this should be very very fun.  

2 comments:

  1. Please take your video camera when you go fishing. I've seen Bill Dance, among others, battle a big Silver King only to have a big bull come up and eat it at the boat. I really wanna do that one day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Joe, this is an AMAZING coincidence, but the SAME weekend you are going fishing in the Atlantic Ocean off Boca Raton, FL, your brother and I will be fishing for tarpon about 200 miles due west, fishing in BOCA GRANDE PASS in the GULF OF MEXICO, which is the tarpon capital of the world and where all the tarpon are in June. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete

Followers