Thursday, May 6, 2010

Los Suns??

I guess if I really cared then I would look into the Arizona law that was recently passed about immigration – and its obvious if you have ever read one of my posts that I am not ashamed to show my ignorance.. So here goes.  My understanding of this law is that law enforcement officials have the right to ask people that look like they may not be in the United States legally for an I.D. and/or Visa.  If the person can not provide valid information stating that they are here legally then the officer arrests them.  (if i am way off base here someone correct me please)  People against the law like the Phoenix Suns are being very vocal – changing their Uniforms in the playoffs to Los Suns…  Why?  Why on earth would you do this if your the Suns?  Are you worried that you are going to have to find someone else to cut your grass or spread your pine straw?  Racial Profiling is the biggest problem that people are having with this, not the grass cutting.  If the police drove by my house and pulled in to my drive way - said to me that their is a killer in this area and he is 6ft, 220ish, White, with dark hair and we would like to ask you a couple of questions.  I would be more than happy to help out how ever I could, profile me - then exclude me - then go on with your investigation.  I don’t see the problem.  (on a side note, I do like it when the people at the pre pay pumps profile me and go ahead and turn the pump on – guess most of the drive offs don’t come from tall good looking white guys) – So back to the Suns.  What are they going to gain by being vocal on this issue vs. What can they possibly lose?  Simple Risk vs. Reward equation.  Risks? Lose support from everyone in the state that is for the law which is obviously a large part if the bill passed.  Reward?….  I can not think of something they could gain here?  Maybe because I am for the law or at least what I know about it… 

Speaking of Mexicans. Last night we all went out to eat, of course at a Mexican place, and I realized that their were nothing but Americans celebrating a Mexican Holiday while Mexicans worked their asses off.  Our waiter was literally sweating profusely while tending to his tables.  I felt kind of bad.  But then a really Fat couple tried to sit down in the booth next to us…  TRIED!! but failed.  The guy went to sit down first and stopped right before his gut hit the table and then raised back up.  His lady friend then went for it and didn’t even make it as far as he did.  She then said, “lets just sit over here” and pointed at the table behind me.  Then she sat down and her chair slid into mine pushing me forward.  I was tickled and scared at the same time.  Then I heard her tell the waiter, “2 cheese dips and a Diet Coke please.”  I turned around and said, “Its a tight Squeeze, aint it?”  ok, I made that last part up -I didn’t say anything. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers