Wednesday, May 12, 2010

6 through 10

I’m going to make this a little easier to follow for our loyal viewers.  which, by the way, amazes me every time a check stats and see just how many different computers are looking at this every day.   would love for some of yall to chime in. 

Teams that are being mentioned for 6-10

Iowa, Fla, OU, FSU, Nebraska, TCU, UNC, Oregon, Pitt, USC, and Stanford.

Iowa – is not in John’s top 10, Reese had them in his top 5 and now has them 6, I’m not real sold on them but wouldn’t have a problem with a 8ish ranking, Culpepper had them @5

Florida – John has @9, Reese has @7, Culpepper had them @10 so I think we all can agree about where Fla is

OU – Reese has them @8, John does not have them in his top 10, Culpepper didn’t have them in his top 10, and I dont like them much either.  So OU may be looking at a 11-15 and really only getting that because of reputation

FSU – John says no, Reese likes @9, Culpepper doesn’t really like, I don’t first year head coaches – so probably dropping FSU out of the Top 10

Nebraska – John has @ 8, Reese @9, I think Culpepper likes Nebraska in this same general area (correct me if im wrong), and I really like Nebraska.

TCU – John @ 7, Reese says no, Brad likes them in the same 7ish area that John does, and I really like them also.

UNC – you guys tell me if you think different but I think their Defense puts them in the Top 15 but not top 10. 

Oregon – Culpepper makes a good point about the QB but Chip Kelley is pretty damn good at coaching QB’s up.  John has them as high as 6, I think Jody had them in his top 5, Reese didnt like them, and I think we almost have to have a Pac-10 school in the top 10 im just not sure if its USC or Oregon. 

Pitt – Obviously this is John’s sleeper team since he is the only person mentioning them and I do want to give them a little respect but not top 10 respect

USC / Stanford – Really I think we just need to pick 1 Pac-10 school and put them in and put the others somewhere outside the top 10

What do yall think about this

6) Fla

7) Iowa

8) Nebraska

9) TCU

10) Oregon

11 comments:

  1. USC at 10 rather than Oregon for me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree UNC was supposed to be good 3 years ago. All those guys that were supposed to make them good are all still playing on their defense but now they have 2 or 3 years experience that is why they will be good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. John you had Oregon 6 - culpepper and reese make really good points about them and I'm thinking 12,13ish just because of brian kelley. holler if you got a huge problem with this.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can slide Oregon down, I don't think they will be a factor other than winning PAC 10. No way UNC is a top 10 team, prove something on the field to earn preseason respect, and this they haven't accomplished in Butch Davis' tenure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. John that's what I was saying with my "paper" comment on UNC. Butch can recruit with the best of them but is not a very good game day coach.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeah I guess you are right Reese a 71-31 record with one team that was on probation and lost 31 scholarships and another team that was a basketball school and last in their conference is a pretty shitty record. I guess he is not a good field coach.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Once again Culpepper, not sure what your infatuation with UNC is? What did they do last year to warrant this type of preseason hype? 8-5 in 2009 really makes me think they are ready for the big time, come on man.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Alright - so we are cool with 6-10 as listed above? if so we can move on to 11-15. we can start bitching/praising about UNC when we get to them.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am not really in love with UNC I am just not blown away by a lot of schools in the conversation and I am a defensive guy. To have 11 returning starters and 4 of them were all ACC I think they are a sexy pick. But if no one else agrees I would at least like to see them in the top 15.

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is with USC instead of Oregon at 10 right?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I like Pitt in the top 15. They also have a QB on the bench that played part of a season as a sophmore 2 years ago and threw for 1500 yards if all else fails at QB. That being said I think for preseason they top out at 14.

    ReplyDelete

Followers