Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Poll

Alright, got alot of input on the last post and so I wanted to just start a new one and catch up.  After Jody, John, Reese, And myself (also Culpepper had some phone input) I have sorted through all of the comments and let me know if everyone can accept this..

#1 Bama

#2 Ohio State

#3 Texas

#4 Boise State

#5 Florida 

#6 Virginia Tech

this is about as fair as I could think with everyone’s input.  Tell me if you see other wise.  If not we can start on 7 through 10 talks with Iowa and Oregon leading the way. 

8 comments:

  1. Florida is not a top 5 team in my opinion. They lost a lot to the draft. Meyer's teams are never as good with a dropback pocket passer. His best teams were with Tebow and Alex Smith running with the rock. Even with Chris Leak as a senior, Tebow would come in and run the ball. The defense lost a lot with Haden, Dunlap, and Spikes just to name a few.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reese's point on Fla was on reputation - where would you like to see Fla Starrett?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Florida would be between 8-12 and most of that is on reputation as well. Just my two cents worth though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. John and I are on the same page here. I didn't have fla in my initial top 5 based on all that they lost. i mean spikes and dunlap you cant replace and tebow, love him or hate him, was the team.. I would like to see them around the 7,8,9 range. I do think they deserve to be in the top 10 tho. Reese talked me into pushing them up along with jody - we need some other people to chime in on fla before we make the final call

    ReplyDelete
  5. I start looking at teams in my top ten and ask myself........"Can they beat UF?" and the answer is usually no.

    ReplyDelete
  6. this will be a different florida team reese. what is the worst ranking you could live with? 7?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well it's the same for Oregon. Basically breaking in a new QB. Yeah he was groomed to be a starter before his injury, but whatever ya'll think. I won't disagree about them being at 7. It want hurt my feelings where you put them as long as they are in front of VT.

    ReplyDelete

Followers