Monday, May 3, 2010

Monday Monday

I have been slacking on the post recently and I do apologize for it.  I don’t have much to say today either but wanted to give my opinion on a couple of things that are going on..

Tiger missed the cut – and he didn’t just miss it.  He wasn’t close to making the cut.  After 36 holes he was 18 shots off the leader.  Can we take anything from this?  I think when we see any athletes' performance drop this much we have to look in to it at least a little bit but If I had to bet if he wins another major with in the next 2 years – I will go with yes.   Why?  Not sure, other than the fact that he is Tiger.  McEIlroy finished the day with 6 straight 3’s to win the tournament in what appeared (i didn’t watch) to be a great final day of golf. 

Weather – sucks.

Oil Spill – This thing is getting very nasty.  I really hope that BP gets the problem fixed and the damages to the coast and wildlife are not as bad as some are saying they could be…  I got a bad feeling about it though.   Question: Do you have the right to bitch about these oil companies when you do absolutely nothing to do your part in trying to reduce the consumption of fuel?  I mean, I can’t really talk bad about BP then go get in my Suburban can I?

So its Monday, bad weather, oil pumping in the Gulf at a ridiculous rate, Nashville is flooding, and I am having a hard time trying to find something positive to write about…  Everytime I look outside this is the song I hear in my head….

If that song is still playing STOP IT!!!  Wake up people, It aint that bad.  We got…  uhhh…  uhhhh… 

We got the special Olympics

2 comments:

  1. I know it is a play at humor Joe, but I don't think many people find a crack at the mentally challenged as very humorous. This is something a kid in high school would do, not a parent at your age. Obviously you realize this could effect you if your child were born with a physical or mental handicap. Think before you write bro.

    ReplyDelete
  2. John, I enjoy watching the special Olympics. Now, don’t get me wrong, this was an attempt at humor but not solely because the guy is a retard but how he points out exactly what the Special Olympics do for him. During the post I was talking about how depressed Monday was going, with the weather and nothing really to talk about and this video actually puts a smile on my face and gets me excited about the S.O. That’s why I have it saved on my computer. I want to be clear that I do find humor in retards where I probably shouldn’t but john, this was not one of those cases. I actually try to email those instead of placing them on the blog for reasons that you mentioned. but point taken.

    ReplyDelete

Followers