Wednesday, March 17, 2010

American Idol

Idol is not that good this year. And I will admit it, I am a pretty big Idol fan. I know the names, I have my favorites, I enjoy Simon’s comments, but this years talent isn’t that good. First let me preface this with I have absolutely no musical abilities. I only go by what sounds good to me and these people don’t sound very good and since we are fixin to be over taken with basketball I thought I would take a little sports break and give you my American Idol break down.

After they narrowed it down to 12 I lost several people that I thought would make it to the top 12 but here are the remaining ones that I like…
1-Crystal Bowersox (white girl, dreadlocks, and nasty teeth) – this girl can really sing. She looks like someone you would see after a Georgia game playing on the street corner but if they spent like 15 – 20 grand a this girl they could make her look good enough. If she wins I will feel a lot better about Idol picking the best singer based on vocals not looks.
2-Lee Dewyze (Paint Store guy) – he doesn’t blow you away but he is someone that seems like would have a good album not just a good single. Reminds of me of kinda counting crows. You remember that yellow cd of theirs with “round here”? every song on that album was good. I think lee is kind of the same way. Maybe not someone that will have a HUGE hit but someone that will put out a decent album.
3-Didi Benami (Hot chick) this chick has the looks and the voice. She is sexy as hell and has one of those sweet little innocent voices that you don’t really like listening to for an extended period of time but the whole time you are listening you can hear her saying things to you and all of a sudden you have no clue what she is singing because all your hearing are the things your making up of what she is saying to you…. I think she has a good shot.
4-Andrew Garcia (Mexican with tattoo on his neck) –This Mexican has a good voice but he just hasn’t blown me away. His looks don’t go with his voice. I think he tries to hard by singing stupid shit and trying to make it his own. I see this guy as a real good open mic night host
5-Casey James (goober that thinks he is cool) another decent voice. DECENT !! that what this show is full of. He is kind of cute (I hope I didn’t just say that out loud) when his hair is down but American Idol should be about who sings the best not who is the cutest. That’s why Casey sits in 5th place in my book. He needs to show out or go home.

Anyone other than these 5 people make it to the final 3 then i will never watch Idol again.

Ok, I just read this article after I was finished and had no clue how gay I am. I am going to post it anyway because I am secure enough in my sexuality to be able to write something like this… GFY!

Funny thought. I was thinking about the time that Starrett and I were talking about his personal issues at Elliot’s house after everyone had gone to bed and out of no where someone (initials MK) gets up and goes over to the corner and starts pissing. Starrett and I ask him what he is doing and then he stops, goes into the bathroom and pisses all over the shower curtain – comes out and goes right back to bed. Good times. Good times.

7 comments:

  1. LOL! Actually he didn't piss in the corner, he walked over and started trying to take out the tack holding up a penant on the wall. We were like WTF are you doing MK? Then I guided him into the bathroom where he immediately started pissing on the shower curtain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm actually an idol fan too Joe, hear are my thoughts on your top 5

    1) Bowersox needs to eat a little humble pie. I agree with everything you said about her, but she sometimes comes off with a little too cool for school attitude.

    2)I really like Lee. He has a good raspy voice that records well (i.e. Daughtry, David Cook) Although sometimes something just don't sound right when he's singing. But I like him.

    3)I like Didi as well. This is Rene's favorite. Judges seem a little hard on her for some reason. Obviously they can hear flaws that I can't, but I like her voice.

    4)This guy was an early favorite of mine. Like the judges continue to say, the Straight Up song in Hollywood was the shizzz. Hope he picks it up or he'll be packing up soon.

    5)I also like Casey. He sounds good, but don't know about him and the electric guitar. He needs to focus on singing and quit banging around on that thing.

    Other of note: Big Mike is pretty good, not great, but good. Siobhan Magnus has a really good voice, but she is a freak.

    3)

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh yea, my bad. i dont know why i thought of that but i started giggling... figured you would get a kick out of that memory also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reese we do not agree on a lot but I agree 100% on this. GAY!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please tell me that your wife hijacked your computer and posted this. This is the WORST post yet. Let's hope that no new people stumble upon this one.

    ReplyDelete

Followers