Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Tony Barbee

Barbee is Auburn’s new basketball coach.  He was a GA under Calipari at UMASS and then Caps went and tried the pros out.  When Caps got the job at Memphis he hired Barbee as an asst. and he stayed with him for 6 years.  Barbee was with Caps when they landed Marcus Camby who ended up being the reason for Caps first run in with the NCAA.  Caps next run in was with Dereck Rose and Barbee was also with Caps during this.  If something smells like shit, and taste like shit, then its probably shit.  Culpepper said that he didn’t think UTEP would hire someone that would be a risky hire and that argument just went to crap when they hired Tim Floyd who is the guy that with OJ Mayo is getting USC in trouble.  One of Barbee’s Utep players is turning pro this year, early, and this is what he said.. “I never thought that I would be in college. Especially being in college this long.”  Perfect example of the type of players that Auburn can expect to get. 

I take a lot of heat from Bamars about Auburn being my second team and probably rightfully so.  I was really hoping that Auburn would get the right guy here but I don’t think that Jay Jacobs did his job.  Auburn is a football school just like USC.  And I think its kind of funny that Tim Floyd did follow in Barbee’s steps taking the UTEP job because I have a feeling that Barbee is going to follow in Floyds steps by getting Auburn on probation.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers