Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Brackets

My brackets are filled out… and then filled out again… then again.. and yet again. This year I did keep my first bracket to see if next year I should just go with my gut. I do have to admit that I did go with a lot of chalk this year. Didnt really go out on a limb like I have seen others do. Like picking Louy to beat Duke in the 2nd round, come on. 8 seeds are 9 and 37 vs. 1 seeds and 9 seeds are an even worse going 3 and 51 vs 1 seeds. These are the numbers I looked at when filling out my bracket. When a seed has a 88% winning percentage against anther seed then I went with the 88… I also did something totally different this year by picking my elite 8 first. Before the bracket came out I picked out my favorite 10 teams and put them in order. I found these teams in order and put them in their rightful spot in their region. New Mexico vs. W. Va was the only two teams in my top 8 that have a game against each other before the Elite 8 and I went with W. Va. UK will not make the Final 4. So if you want to get crazy with a 1 seed let Kentucky be the one that you get crazy with. UK will start their run (or lack there of) with East Tenn St… ok then after that they will play Texas who was ranked number 1 in the nation at one time this year. Then after that they will play Wisconsin (or Temple but prolly Wisc) who has beaten a lot of good teams this year. Go look at Wisconsin’s quality wins and compare to any other 4 seed and tell me that they are not the best 4 seed out there. After that then they will play W. Va who most think should have gotten a 1 seed themselves.. all this just to get to the final four to play 2 more games against the best in the Nation. Not gonna happen. Especially not with ture freshman like Cousins. Do you really think Cousins gives 2 shits what Caps says.. This kid has 5 or 6 games left before he “formally” signs with an agent and makes millions. Sorry, there is a reason Caps doesn’t win it all, because he is always playing with True Freshman.

So my Final Four, like I said, is mostly chalk and I’m not concerned by this. Most people think that their brackets are not cool unless you try and pick that George Mason or your final 4 is full of 3 and 4 seeds when in reality it is made up of mostly 1 and 2 seeds. After you finish your bracket I want you to think about it… I want you to look at your elite 8 and think to yourself, are these the best 8 teams in the country? Really. Cause isn’t that what you play off dick heads like about a playoff? It finds out who the best really are. So why do you pick a team that you know is not one of the best, they hadn’t beaten one of the best, and they cant be one of the best, in your Elite 8? Don’t pick the team that needs to get lucky to win.. Pick the team that would need to play flat as hell to lose.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers