Monday, March 1, 2010

NFL Drafting


I saw where Tim Tebow set a record for QB's at the combine in the verticle jump.. We all agree that this guy, physically, is something special, but how will he fair in the league. Most draft gurus have him going in the 2nd or 3rd round. so this got me thinking where, or would i, draft tebow. I think Jacksonville is in a unique situation where they need ticket sales and he is the local favorite, but if you were St Louis and you need a QB what are you going to do? Would you give up a 3rd pick for Vick or use your 3rd pick to draft tebow. assuming this was the choice. OR do you stay the hell away from tebow and vick and go in a different direction. I think drafting QB's is like playing russian roulette. I want to draft big boys that can make it to the pro bowl with in 2 years, i just think my money is better spent. BUT if you were the ST louis Rams GM how do you approach this draft? and i really want to know where people stand on tebow and vick..

3 comments:

  1. I am not ready for football season to start back right now for a few reasons, ie. I am ready for hot weather and most of all I am wore out, going 14-0 and winning the national championship is extremly wearing on a person. With saying that, I am ready for the NFL to start, where I can finally stop hearing about Tebow. Yes he is a great athlete but come on people enough is enough. He will make a team and play for a few years, more than I will ever do, but he is not an NFL QB. There have been a lot of great athletes never play a down in the NFL and he is going to be one of them. The best thing for him would be go to jacksonville, at least there his name will last a couple of years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. NO way in hell do I draft Tebow in the first couple of rounds. Maybe round 4 or 5, if he's still there. You know most NFL qb's now days aren't what we grew up watching. For the most part now they are a little more mobile than the Montana's/Marino's and not nearly as good of arms/accuracy (excluding Manning and Breese). I think Tebow is every bit as good of QB as Vince Young. If Vince Young can start for some Slap Dick team with a good D then so can Tebow. Put Tebow on the Raven's type teams out there that used to win with D and he'll be another Trent Dilfer.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I dont think he can make the NFL type throws. I think DBs in the NFL will catch more than his receivers will. I think he is better off trying to play TE.

    ReplyDelete

Followers