Thursday, April 22, 2010

Talladega

Talladega is this weekend and I will be leaving tomorrow afternoon for the weekend’s festivities.

About the race.  Talladega, like Daytona, is a track that you are all but certain to see a really big crash.  Just hope that your driver isn’t involved when it happens – and speaking of “your driver” I am in the process of looking for a new one.  Kasey Kahne was mine but now he will be switching to a Ford in 2012 since he signed with Hendrixs and my driver will be in a Ford.  I will get into that shortly.  About this race, Gordon and Junior , by far, are the best on this track.  Out of the drivers this year, their are 21 wins amongst 11 drivers and Jr and Gordon own 11 of those victories.  Keselowski is kind of my sleeper pick.  He has been getting better as the year goes on and sometimes at Talladega running around 10th could be good if “the big one” happens late and in the front.  He could sneak up and get himself a 2nd Dega win but Jr. and Gordon are defiantly the chalk. 

I had an opportunity to get Pit passes into Mark Martins pitt, which would have been really cool this year – since no body seems to know what is going to happen with MM in the 2012 season after Hendrixs just signed Kahne.  It would have been nice to be down and maybe get a feel for how people in that crew are feeling.  It also would have been cool as hell just to be in the pit.  BUT someone (Jeff Leard) didn’t get my info to the people in time so that will not happen.  (side note.  if jeff could have pulled this off then he would have moved up on my list of favorite leards.  his effort still moved him up but right now he is tied with Will for second.  Ben is safely at #1 since I have dropped his name 136,475 times since he played at Auburn.  Also he got me on the field for the Iron Bowl.  Dan better step his shit up) 

We will have a RV and we will be staying in the East Park.  It should be a really good time and I will try my best to take good notes so I can remember to be able to tell an accurate story of what happened. 

1 comment:

  1. oh yea, as for who my new driver will be.. i am taking suggestions but he has to drive a ford and have a cool sponsor plus be on a decent team so that kind of narrows it down to...matt kenseth - even tho i dont like crown that much it is a good looking car and he is w/ roush

    ReplyDelete

Followers