Saturday, April 10, 2010

BamaJam

BamaJam is coming up on us very soon and I’m REALLY excited.  This is one of my favorite weekends of the year.  I absolutely love it.  From Thursday around 2 O’Clock till Sunday morning around 2 AM I will be having a blast.  This will be its 3rd year and my 3rd year.  Weather is a complete non-issue.  The first year it was the hottest 3 days you can possibly imagine.  They had people with water hoses that would skirt you to cool you off.  The dust and dirt would cake on you and almost everyone had black rings around their necks like some of the fat people you see at Walmart and I had a complete blast.  I took Parker and Rachel the 2nd night to see Old Crow Medicine show and we all danced the entire show.  parker.rachelThen went over to the other stage where Lynyrd Skynard was about to play and the crowd was getting a little crazy and since there were about 100,000 people there I thought we may want to go ahead and get the girls home.  (also, snuck back stage so we wouldn’t have to walk through the crowd and almost got hit by Trace Adkins on a golf cart)  the last night I went by myself to see Bocephus and rocked out and met a bunch of good people. (none of them i have spoken to since or could tell you any of their names)

Then last year we did it right.  We got Traci’s parents to keep the kids all weekend and Par-Ham and his wife, Gator and his girlfriend, and Traci and I 4716_1155775700306_1405137924_30432474_3029767_ndid it up.    The first day it rained like hell.  (note that weather does not matter)  Mofro was like the 2nd or 3rd act on the first day and I was rocking as hard as I ever have.  Just JAMIN!!!  I took a nap (passed out) in the grass once the rain started after Mofro and this is how we started the weekend out.  The next day Robert Randolph melted my face off while everybody else was over listening to Jason Aldeen (speling – green tractor guy).   robert That night we closed it down with the Black Crowes and I will say, with out any hesitation, that Chris Robinson is the last true Rock Star!  Watching him perform in front of crowd that you couldn’t see the end of was just amazing.  Then on the last night Kid Rock closed it down.   Their were still plenty of families left over after Brooks and Dunn but when Kid Rock came out and said, “you aint never seen a motha fucka quite like this!”  all of the remaining children left with their parents and that was a good thing… 

This year we have several acts that I am looking forward to seeing.  First you have the “headliners” that I could really give a damn about ie Kenny Chesney, Dierks Bentley, Miranda Lambert etc..  But who I am looking forward to seeing the most is a group by the name of Lucero. 

Robert Earl Keen has always been one of my favorites

and I really can’t wait to see him.  I can just picture a beautiful day, with good people, “feelin’ good again” – really really excited about him. 

Another group that I have been listening to lately but have not been fortunate enough to see live is Blackberry Smoke. 

They seem right up my alley. 

Also I think Travis Tritt will put on a good show.  I love the Allman Brothers but am a little nervous about Greg Allman with out Dickie Betts.  Stoney Larue has got potential to be a really good show and Traci is looking forward to seeing Train sing “hey soul sister” but I watched Train open for Dave several several years back and I’m hoping they have gotten better live.  Zac Brown will also be there and its always fun to be able to tell people how he sang in my wedding.  Hank Jr is also returning and he if his show is half as good as the year before last then I will be horse from screaming, “hey man, them high heel sneckers….  AND THEY SURE DONT LOOK LIKE COWBOY BOOTS!!!!” 

All and all it is sure to be a very fun weekend and the fact that our house is 10 miles from the event makes it about as convenient as it can be. 

The Parhams are returning and I’m sure we will have other people show up for the weekend also. 

You are all invited and I hope to see you the first weekend in JUNE. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers