Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Braves!!


After McLouth’s walk off Homer last night their was no body at Home plate to celebrate…  Just the ump.  Nobody in the dug out either…  Turns out every one was up in the tunnel waiting to celebrate.  Guys, this kind of stuff makes me think the Braves have a legit chance this year.  It just feels that this team likes each other.  It seems like Bobby is going to enjoy his last year and everybody on the team is going to make sure he does. 

Heyward is just sick.  I cant describe him.  I can’t remember the last time a rookie could do what he is doing.  Not just in RBI’s and HR’s but when he is doing this.  It’s like 2 outs is nothing.  No problem, just give him a bat and count the runs that come in. 

Disappointed..in the fans.  I think only about 18k people showed up last night and when we are playing the Phillies then we need a better turn out than that.  I understand that it was a Tuesday night – but it was a nice spring evening and less than 20k showed up when the Div. leader is in town. 

3 comments:

  1. I agree Joe, I was pretty shocked with the attendance of last night game. Maybe with the Hawks game being in town had something to do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you don't know by now, the Braves fans are fair weather fans - always have been, always will be. The majority got spoiled during the 14 yr run of titles and others simply got tired of not winning when it mattered. Until they go on a big winning streak or make a deep run in the playoffs, attendance will continue to suck. I am a Braves fan and have no problem admitting that I got bored watching the Braves back in the day. However, with this kid Heyward, I am watching all the way from Dallas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet tonight will be different. Espn prime time game and the braves are now back in first place. Heyward himself will put 10k more in the seats tonight. I am with you Joe on the celerbrating after the game, it looks like they are finally having fun again. It reminds me of the mid 90's when the team was young and hungry. Go Braves

    ReplyDelete

Followers