Friday, April 23, 2010

Draft

I really enjoyed watching the draft last night.  I am forming a nice little man crush on John Gruden.  Watching him and Young and Tom Jackson kind of go at it to fill all the time up was fun. 

Oklahoma??  3 out of the top 4 picks was amazing.  And they lost 4 (i think) games last year.  I understand that one of those 3 didn’t play last year but I had no clue they had that kind of talent.  Going back through some of the previous years to try and find a team that had that strong of a showing, not in the first round, in the top 5 picks I found that Auburn in 05 had 2 top 5 picks and a another at 9.  And in 2000 Penn State had the First and Second overall picks.  But 3 out of the Top 4 is pretty damn strong. 

Yesterday I said that maybe character would have some impact on picks and I think it did.  I specfically mentioned Dez Bryant and he ended up not being the first overall WR takin.  And how about Tebow going before Jimmy C??  I just wander if KC will pick him up tonight with Fat Charlie their now.  I still think that somebody is going to be getting a real good qb in Colt McCoy latter in this draft. 

I think the Coons got a pretty strong LB in Weatherspoon and hopefully he will make a hellova a pass rusher coming off the outside.  Seems to be real strong but also quick enough to maybe drop back. 

Repeating what everyone was saying last night and this morning – “No one showed more loyaly to their QB than the 49ers” - Mike Singletary is turning into one of my favorite draft coaches.  The success of the 49ers will determine if my philosophy is correct.  If you have a QB then draft beef.  He drafted a Tackle and a Guard with his 2 first round choices with plenty of sexy picks still out there.  I’m pulling for Singletary and the 49ers to turn it around quick. 

4 comments:

  1. I hear a lot about Dez Bryants character but I don't belive what he did was bad "character". The act he committed was not illegal or a violation of rules. He lied when asked who he ate dinner with (which was wrong) but he later apologized and told the truth. I don't think that was as much bad character as a 20 year kid put under scrutiny for some stupid rule who thought he made an accidentl infraction that could ruin his career.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my problem wasnt eating dinner w/ deon. its things like ending up signing w/ the agent that deon basically runs for and little things like showing up for your pro day work out w/ out shoes. i think he will end up a great pro, he has sick skills -

    and on another note, that agent.. same as crabtree. we saw how his deal went down. he ended up losing the first part of the season and didnt get anymore money than if he would have signed earlier.

    i dont want it to be taken as he is the next pac-man johnson, but im not ready to just ignore everything that surrounds him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. As ya'll know I'm not big on thugs acting like thugs(Roger Goodell doesn't put up with that shit either) so my guess is Dez Bryant will hold out a few games like Crabtree and get caught with a gun or something during the holdout and be the next Pacman like you hinted at.

    Gruden is becoming one of my favorite tv guys too. I used to think he'd never get a college job or fit in, but now I think he'd be awesome at the college level. He's more human than I used to think.

    OU has talent. I was shocked at 3 of the top 4 being Big Game Bob's boys.

    On to Singletary, he is my favorite guy behind Smith. Smith is only ahead of him because he bucked up on that thug. Singletary did learn from two of my all time favorite coaches.....Ditka and Buddy Ryan.

    ReplyDelete

Followers