Friday, April 2, 2010

On “Ga Thug” issue

or Alleged Ga Thug issue.  I want to say that I’m not sure kicking them off the team is a fitting punishment.  Lets be clear here.  The guys didn’t even harm anyone.  They bitch slapped some body and talked shit to his wife.  I’m not sure that disserves being removed from the team for ever.  And lets be clear that this is an ALLEGED event and that as of right now their still have not been any charges filled and how hard is it to find pictures of every player on the team.  I mean really, how hard would it be to get a media guide and ask the people to point at the guys who did it?  they were in a cab for christ sake, I’m sure they got a good look at them.  And the fact that no charges have been filled makes me think even less of the story. Lets be clear that their are 3 sides to every story.  I think that it wouldn’t be fair to say lets kick these guys off the team based on a story from someone that had obviously been drinking and was quick to judge these guys as football players but didn’t even know who they were.   I mean really, do you think that a Football player in the middle of spring practice would be out after curfew eating hotdogs getting drunk and slapping people around in cabs?  I will not assume that the guy is telling the truth and I will not assume that they are even football players.  But if it turns out that they are and the story was close to the truth – then suspend for the first 2 games.   Just my 2 cents. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers