Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Damn It!

I was really enjoying the game last night.  Traci and the girls went to bed and I was up by myself.  Man this game is good, this is what we have been waiting for.  I good, fundimental, basketball game with no thugs.   Then, with about 12 minutes to go in the 2nd half, my eyes start to get to real heavy..   The last thing I saw was 8 min. to go and then I woke up to the news.  I was so pissed off, especially, when I found out how it ended.  So, I’m sorry to say, I can not give you much thoughts on the game it self but I can offer these things from last night.

1) Wasn’t it fun to watch a National Title game with no thugs? 

2) When coach K took the Duke job – Butlers head coach was 3.

3) Saw the highlights of Evan Turner winning his award and their is a pretty big difference in his mother and Nolan Smith’s mother.  Mrs. Turner appeared to have – just had her hair did and wanted to go to churches to celebrate, maybe even get extra bbq sauce.   Nolan’s mother, on the other hand, appeared that her kid, well, went to Duke. 

4) Butler’s mascot is much cooler than Dukes.

5) Clark Kellogg did a great job, but he did slip up and drop a “strenf” one time. 

6) Was happy to see Da’sean Butler at half time.  I said it on sunday, this kid needs to be getting some press and I give CBS a thumbs up for having him on at halftime.  Da’sean is everything that is right in college basketball.

Braves crushed the cubbies yesterday and in case you have not.. JASON HEYWARD IS THE REAL DEAL!!!  kid jacks one out on his first major league at bat making him like the youngest player to hit a homer on his first major league at bat since the 50’s or something.  (i’m not totally sure about that record but i saw where it was a big deal)   The Braves pitching looked suspect but I was more worried about the bats and that didn’t seem to be an issue yesterday.

1 comment:

Followers