Tuesday, May 31, 2011

State of Ohio

The OSU has always talked about why they couldn’t beat the SEC in the big game, it mostly boiled to running a clean program, is what I have always been told. Well now what? I will tell you. This is bad bad bad for The OSU. Jim Tressel always managed to get the top recruits from Ohio, Mich, and some from all over the country (I think we know why now) if you remember OSU was in bad shape before he got there. With the sanctions that will be worse than what happened to USC who would go coach for at least the next three years? With no big name coach and being on probation their next 4 or 5 recruiting classes will be dismal and then the job will not be as attractive. That being said I still think when all that goes away it is one of the premier coaching jobs in the country, OSU WILL be back, but when?

1 comment:

  1. I think that this will be similar to the Bama situation in the 90's. OSU needs to find a homer (Mike Shula) that is willing to take the job based on the name alone and ride it out. No doubt there are going to be some dark times, but I also believe they will be back.

    ReplyDelete

Followers