Tuesday, May 17, 2011

State of American Golf

Yesterday I had a question that, I believe, wasn’t taken the right way. 

My question is ‘Who are the best American Golfers right now?’

New Tournament.  Each Country gets 3 golfers and they play each of the 4 majors just as they are played now.  This isn’t a team score, which ever country produces the winner is the winner.  So you are the Captain of the American team and you have 5 Captain picks – No Automatic Qualifiers – Just Captain picks.  Who are your 3 golfers? 

(# is world ranking)

#4 Phil Mickelson

#11 Bubba Watson

#7 Steve Stricker

#10 Matt Kuchar

#13 Dustin Johnson

#14 Nick Watney

#16 Jim Furyk

#18 Hunter Mahan

10 comments:

  1. It all depends on where the other 3 majors are played, but I'll play along.

    Kuch (solid golfer/makes cuts and top 10's weekly)

    Phil(the Ricky Bobby of golf)

    With these picks, let me say you couldn't go wrong with any of the other guys other than Furyk. He drives me crazy with his slow play.

    Fowler(a nice mix of Kuch and Phil) I know he won't be anyone else's pick. Makes a F ton of birdies.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Phil, Kuch, Furyk are your 3 best American golfers RIGHT NOW?

    ReplyDelete
  3. If I'm having to pick golfers to play all the majors then yes. If I'm picking right now in this moment in time I'd go with Two Gloves, Toms, and Bubba.

    Golf is a week to week thing. Over the course of a year I'd stay with my top picks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, not Furyk. My post got messed up somehow. My 3rd pick was Fowler.

    ReplyDelete
  5. and starrett isn't allowed to participate in this - I didn't care for his tone yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. #1 - Phil
    #2 - Bubba
    #3 - Tie between Dustin Johnson and Watney

    ReplyDelete
  7. "and starrett isn't allowed to participate in this - I didn't care for his tone yesterday."

    Well, if you are gonna throw out stats, make sure they are correct. You were trying to make me look bad on what I said and I set you straight, jackass.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Steve Stricker - Dustin Johnson. Fred Couples-Nick Whatney. Phil would start on the bench to piss him off.

    ReplyDelete
  9. as bad as I hate to be - I am w/ Starrett. I got Phil, Bubba, And Johnson as my 3.

    pepper will go Phil, watney, and (not sure)

    ReplyDelete

Followers