Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Washaun Ealey

Couple of quotes from Ealey that I liked.  I have been a little critical of Ealey (and Starrett has been pretty harsh and I think rightfully so) and hopeful he will enjoy reading these as well. 

“I feel like I got a lot more to prove.  I’ve got to earn the trust of my teammates, along with my coaches.  I know that my team, they really need me this game, because I’m probably the only running back, besides Ken Malcome.  Carlton Thomas is coming back this week.  But I’ll probably be getting the majority of the reps.” 

asked if he meant the trust was coming from the fumbling issues.

“Definitely, the fumbles, I’m pretty sure I lost the trust of most of guys on the team.  Hopefully I can go out there and gain their trust back this week.” 

“Probably last year as a freshman I was just running.  Now that I’ve got a little experience I’m probably thinking too much.  This week I’m just gonna try and get back to my old ways, just running the ball harder and not thinking too much.”

Starrett has mentioned that the fumbles have not been his only concern.  It’s the emotion of Ealey, or lack there of.  I think we were shown exactly how a running back should act with Knowshon hoping up and running back to the huddle no matter how hard he had been hit.  This showed the D that you better bring it because I am here to stay.  I hope that Ealey’s lack of emotion was due to not having his teammates trust and he goes out there with a chip on his shoulder and proves that we do not need to remove Ken Malcom’s redshirt because Ealey will be able to handle the bulk of the carries with Carlton Thomas coming in as a change of pace guy.  I went back and watched some of Ealey’s high school videos and some from last year and he I believe this guy is much better than what we have seen this year so far. 

A new tradition will begin this Saturday.

ugaviii_709069l

Meet UGA VIII (Big Bad Bruce)

1 comment:

Followers