Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Mike Zimmer is the MAN!!

I just read a blog post from Cincinnati.Com that had some GREAT quotes from Mike Zimmer the current Defensive coordinator there in Cincy. 

First of all, I want to say that I have read/seen stuff on this guy in the past and liked everything.  He has fire, he seems to have a pretty damn close family, and tons of respect from his players.  When his wife passed away last year during the season..  watching his daughters (who are really really hot) in the stands in tears and emotional wrecks is a moment I will never forget. 

Mike-Zimmer-Wife-Dead

Now, on to the shit that caused this post.

Zimmer was doing an interview and Bobby Petrino’s name came up.  [Zimmer was Bobby’s D Coordinator in Atlanta if you any of have blocked that year from you memory bank.]  and here are some of the quotes..

  “I was never even there. As far as I am concerned. I never even was there. When a coach quits in the middle of the year and ruins a bunch of people’s families and doesn’t’ have enough guts to at least finish out the year. I am not a part of that.”

and if that isn’t good enough, how about this..

“He is a coward. Put that in quotes. He ruined a bunch of people’s lives, a bunch of people’s families, kids, because he didn’t have enough nuts to stay there and finish the job. That’s the truth.”

“He came in and said he resigned, he would talk to us all at a later date, walked out of the office and no one has ever talked to him since. Not that anybody wanted to.  He’s a gutless b—–d. (not sure what this word was) Quote that. I don’t give a s—. (pretty sure this was shit)

When told that we might might not be able to use the B word, Zimmer went one better: “How about this, gutless MF. (not certain, but I feel comfortable assuming that this was mother fucker) You can use that.”

OK, I’m pretty certain that I have a new favorite defensive Coordinator in the NFL!  He said what I have always thought of the douche bag in Arkansas.  I think he is a gutless selfish douche bag that I hope fails. 

Thanks Mike Zimmer

img12347808

You can read the post HERE

1 comment:

  1. yea, when i read it again last night "bastard" sounded good

    ReplyDelete

Followers