Sunday, October 10, 2010

Guess it couldn't last forever.....

Bama lost. And they didn't just lose, they got beat up. Hats off to South Carolina for a dominating victory. They were able to do what nobody up to this point has done: beat McElroy, shut down Ingram & Richardson, man handle the o-line and march up and down the field against the defense. This game was so one sided that I cannot find any excuses. Joe and I were texting back and forth all day long during the game and I kept telling him how flat & uninspired they looked. He could see it first hand since he was there at the game. Maybe the pressure got to them; maybe they were too arrogant or cocky; maybe, and this is the one I believe, they just got out played by a SC team that was better than them on this particular day.

Moving forward, as a Bama fan, I can only hope that they refocus and get back to Saban's one game at a time approach. Again, there aren't any excuses, but you have to wonder if the Tide wasn't looking past SC. So let all the shit talking, jokes and verbal assaults begin. I have been known to kick a man when their team was down and knowing this board, I expect the same.

Someone sent me a text yesterday asking how it felt to lose to the whipping boy of the SEC. This text came from an OSU fan so it had to be taken with a grain of salt. OSU plays in a powder puff conference and has seen first hand what happens when the SEC comes to town. But it did get me thinking about the overall state of conference this year. With all of the close games, has the gap between the top and bottom of the league been tightened up? Auburn has had several close games; LSU has pulled the rabbit out of the hat multiple times; UGA is down; SC is up; Vandy & Kentucky have looked solid at times.

My question to the board is this: Do you guys think that this is the most competitive - top to bottom - that the SEC has been?


As always, RMFT.

1 comment:

  1. I won't get into the conference shit, but Bama is probably still the best team in the country. They'll win out and blow by SC or whoever they'll play in the SECC game.

    ReplyDelete

Followers