Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Interesting match ups this week

#17 Michigan State @ #18 Michigan

images (2) State brings a 5 – 0 record to the big house with some pretty big wins (Notre Dame 34-31 and Wisconsin 34-24).  The Notre Dame win was Huge for the Spartans faking a field goal in overtime to steal the lead.  These guys are doing pretty good stopping the run but will face, what could be, their toughest test with Denard Robinson who, I have to admit, I hadn’t watched very much of except high lights but he appears to be a freak.  Michigan has a win over Notre Dame also but other than the Irish the Big Blue has not played much else.

Vegas has the line at Michigan –4 1/2 in the Big House. 

#1 Alabama @ #19 South Carolina

julio-jones-lays-out I said at the very begining of the year that this would be the game that Bama gets beat.  I also have picked them to lose to Arky and the Gayterds.   I think the Tide wins this game this weekend.  This way no matter what happens I be will correct. 

I don’t think I was the only person in the world questioning Bama.  I even recall some conversations with Jody (where he was agreeing with me) that people are going to have to step up to fill some awful big holes (Mclain, Arenas, Jackson) and I think some guys are doing a pretty damn good job, but what I didnt take in to consideration is how GREAT the offense would be.  How can I think that an offense would not be great when they have the smartest QB in the conference (the guy is probably going to be a Rhode Scholar), last years Heisman Trophy winner (kid is just special and fun to watch), and a wide receiver that quietly is opening up the running game and making it almost impossible for opposing teams to do anything with their safeties other than help protect the side of the field that Julio is on.  Love him or Hate him – the kid is good and will be playing on Sunday next year. 

So does Bama run the table?  I still don’t think so.  I still think someone sneaks up and beats them somewhere but as long as it isn’t a 1 loss or undefeated Auburn team than Bama will represent the SEC in the National Title game again – even with 1 loss. 

Back to the South Carolina game – Bama opened up as a 7 1/2 point favorite and now is 6 1/2. 

#12 LSU @ #14 Florida

tmq_a_miles_300 I don’t have to say it but I am..  Les Miles is a fucking moron.  I would love to sit down with him and drink some cold beers..  I think it would be so much fun.  I bet I would just be sitting there thinking inside that I can’t believe this guy is a head coach…  Brantly is questionable for the game and Florida just hasn’t been clicking but they should be good enough to win this game.  But are they good enough to cover the 7 points that Vegas laying. 

#23 FSU @ #13 Miami

p1_jenn I like Miami and where this program is going.  Their is probably more talent in the Miami area than any place in America.  Granted their mostly thugs but they are really fast thugs.  FSU snags a good bit of this talent yearly and so when ever you have a 2 of the 3 big boys in Fla. playing each other you are guaranteed to see some of the fastest athletes in the country.

Miami is the the favorite by 6 1/2 points

These are the games that really stood out… manly because you have 2 top 25 teams playing each other…  And here are some pictures I came across that I liked.

nfl-tomlinson-babe sexy-football Hot_sexy_girl_playing_american_football_001

2 comments:

  1. Nice pics Joe, but there you go again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to know the soundtrack playing in Les Miles' tiny skull sized kingdom .

    ReplyDelete

Followers