Friday, October 8, 2010

Pumped!

I would say the biggest game of the Weekend would be the Bama / South Carolina game – And since I am a college football writer (I don’t have a AP vote yet but I know its coming) I need to do a little more than just watch games on TV.  So to get a better idea on this Alabama team that I seem to waffle on more than Al Gore during an election (mild attempt at some political humor) I have decided to make the trip to Columbia South Carolina and witness the game live.  so tonight I will making the trip over and will start tailgating tonight around midnight in a RV with one of the biggest Alabama fans I have ever be around.   Since I am a guest of a loyal Crimson Tide fan I will supporting the Tide as well.   I know this makes some of you Bamars (pulley) really excited to know that I, of all people, will be watching one of the top 3 or 4 games of your season live instead of you.  And the fact that I will have a Crimson shirt (it will not have an “A” on it and i will be drinking out of my whiskey glass that has a Georgia G on it) on makes you really proud.  I may even give a couple of “Roll Tides” out there. 

I will try to act like Pulley so I will fit in but I’m not sure I can become that big of an asshole.  So what I thought is to maybe represent the University of Alabama with some class.  Closer to how Jody acts (I really hate to think that Jody is classy but compared to most of them he actually is). 

So ROLL TIDE!!!  or RTR baby!!  Or “Put Richardson in!! he is better than Ingram!”   

9 comments:

  1. Thanks Joe, that means a lot coming from you. For that, I will not tell everyone you told me the other night that you wish you had become an Alabama fan a long time ago. Also you said you are an Alabama fan now, but you dont want anyone making fun of you for jumping ship on Georgia. Have fun and RTR...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just for the record if anyone comes back to this post and sees it and then sees that i didn't respond.. I am not a Alabama fan nor do I wish I ever was. While speaking with Jody he made the comment that I seem to get a lot of opportunities to go to alabama games that i should just be a Tide fan... I replied, "hell right now, i wish i was an alabama fan"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think you said you wish you would have become one when you first moved to Alabama?

    ReplyDelete
  4. no. I even said that IF i would have had switched (which i wouldnt have had) then i would have switched to Auburn.

    p.s. I hate you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Why are you getting so defensive? This conversation is just between us, right? All that really matters is I know what you said and how you really feel. Also while you are at the game tomorrow you can pull for the Tide as hard as you can because no one will be there to see other wise. Welcome to the Alabama family... RTR

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why are you always trying to bait me with your posts?

    Welcome to the machine.

    RMFT.

    ReplyDelete
  7. He is for sure a member now, even he doesnt want to admit it. By the end of the year I bet he will have worn at least one piece of clothing with Alabama on it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. For what its worth, I would rather be an asshole Alabama fan than a popped color, Kava visor UGA douche bag any day of the week.

    ReplyDelete

Followers