Monday, October 18, 2010

Mon – Day

Great weekend!!  Here are couple of thoughts on what I saw and what I saw highlights of..

I saw a Georgia Team that is a couple of games from being in the thick of the SEC East race OR a couple of games from Richt’s seat firing back up..  I’m hoping its the former and how we handle Kentucky and Florida will determine which it is.  Georgia is playing with some passion and I have went from dreading the game with Florida, Auburn, and Tech to actually looking forward to them.  It’s been a while since we have been able to play spoiler so I am going to enjoy it.   Ealey looked good.  AJ is a special special football player and Aaron Murray could be one of the top 3 QB’s in the league, right now! 

Auburn’s Cam Newton is a freak.  I keep hearing people say stupid things like, “if you can stop Cam you can beat ‘em.”  Really?  Do you also think if you stop Peyton Manning you can stop the Colts?  I mean, while we are saying bold statements lets go ahead and get a few others out of the way.  How about, “if you pick that dog shit up you will get it on your hand.”  or “if you slip in the shower it will hurt.”  I understand that it is perfectly obvious that IF you stop Cam Newton that you can stop Auburn but here is the catch, HOW?  

Was Dan Mullen the brains behind that douche bag Urban Cryer’s success?  With Mullen coming in to the swamp and beating his Ol’ Boss.. I would have loved to hear some of the conversations amongst the Mullets in the swamp?  “Man, we need to get another Tebow..  That’s what we need – if Tebow was here this crap wouldn't be happening..”  (note the word “crap”, Florida fans do not use profanity in the same sentence as Tebow )

The Ohio State Buckeyes just can’t handle the pressure..  They had another title shot in their sites and blew it..  Plus Tressel doesn’t look the same with a jacket.  Stay with the sweater vest dude, it is pimp. 

I love twitter.  I love tweeting.  I love getting tweets.  It is the shizznet.  

This week I will be doing more post.

Last week We didn’t get anybody’s picks.

I got hammered on Saturday.

I threw up several times late Saturday night… rookie. 

I was hung over on Sunday and had to go to what could be the the worse place in the world with a hang over..  Pizza Castle, the redneck version of Chucky Cheese.  I did, however, beat a smartass kid in a motorcycle race and told him that if he was going to race me then he better bring it better than that.  I also set my all time record of 165 tickets and came out of that place with a mask, 2 curly straws, a tattoo, and a piece of bubble gum.   Parker and Rachel were proud of their daddy and I think Traci was a little proud also.  I won her over when I timed my token throw to hit the bonus ticket slot back to back times – I almost lost her when I yelled, “JACK POT BABY!!” then “BACK TO BACK!!  WHOS THE MAN?  JOE’S THE MAN!” 

1 comment:

  1. Good post Joseph. Here is what I saw....

    A UGA team beat up on Vandy. Are you really basing your team mounting a comeback on a victory over Vandy? You assessment of the East, however, is right on. There doesn't appear at this point to be a true favorite.

    Cam Newton is a beast. However, Auburn doesn't have a defense. Seriously, they gave up 43 points to the backup quarterback. Before you tell me that I am just hating on Auburn due to be a Bama fan, hear me out. Offensively, Auburn is bad to the bone. So if all of their games turn into shoot outs, it is hard to pick against them. However, what happens when they are up against a better defense? The game last week pretty much turned into who can stop the other guy first wins. I don't want to take anything away from them, just raising the question.

    Alabama is in trouble offensively. It was nice to see there defense show some energy and excitement but the offense was offensive. Take away the penalty on the opening drive field goal attempt and you have four field goals for the first half. McElroy looked pretty bad in the first quarter but bounced back in the second half with some nice throws. The dual threat of Richardson & Ingram hasn't showed much in the past month. That is what makes my above comments on Auburn so scary. Our defense has been suspect at times and if that happens against Auburn, it will be way bad.

    OSU proved again that it cannot handle the pressure. Not much more to say about that.

    ReplyDelete

Followers