Thursday, August 25, 2011

Me

I believe that Alabama is the best football program in all of College sports.  I believe that they have the most tradition and history of any school in College sports and I understand that they have more Championships than anybody else. 

However, When I was a very young boy – I didn’t make a list of every school and how many titles they had.  I didn’t look and see which school would never wear black jerseys.  I didn’t research and find out who the best Coach was to ever coach college football. 

I was born and raised on Athens Street 40 miles from the University of Georgia and that is where my dad took me to ball games.  So when someone starts telling me about how much better Alabama is than Georgia and how much more history and tradition they have… my question is this - ‘who gives a damn?’  Is that why you pull for them?  Did you become a Alabama fan because of the amount of titles they claim?  Did you become a fan of Alabama because of Bear Bryant?  Of was it because you grew up near T-Town, or was it because your Daddy took you to Bama games?  Or was it because you watched a member of your family wear the Crimson Tide Jersey?  And if these are the reasons then you should completely understand why I am who I am and you should feel like a low life dirt bag every time you bring up something comparing the history/tradition of your school to mine.   Because my history with Georgia is sitting in the Auburn section at 12 years old and watching my dad tell an Auburn Fan to, ‘shut the F up!’  My history with Georgia is sitting down at Cedar Creek Hunting Club listening to Larry Munson tell us, ‘The Dawgs need to Hunker Down one more time..’  and watching every grown man, speechless and motionless until Munson spoke again…  My history is in 8th grade being picked up by the Fouch’s and going to the game and tailgating in the players parking lot being the only white kid in the group meeting people like Hines Ward and just being in Awww.  

To me, Things like this – are worth a hell of a lot more than the things you bring up as ‘Reasons your better’  Because I didn’t choose Georgia – Georgia Chose me.  And I thank God for It! 

7 comments:

  1. Bless your little heart. Frank would tell you to shut the fuck up right now if he heard you trying to explain your self. He'd have no kind of pity party.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think Joes point is......Bammers don't get it that everyone is not jealous of them. So what if your fan base has a coach that has been dead for over 30 years tattooed all over themselves and plastered all over their house. Or name their kids Bear and Crimson. Congratulations you won a lot of football games a long time ago and are now a competitor in a tough conference just like a lot of other teams. We are not jealous we want you to shut the hell up. If every time you talked about the NFL I held my beer and slurred "Gorge Halas was the greatest" you would say so. I guess my point is .........SO

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aub wasn't a competitor last yr either and just bc they have no chance this yr doesn't mean they won't have there say
    ..

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I speak for everyone when I say, "Fuck Aubie!"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Excellent point Joe! You should love your team because of your personal "traditions" and experiences, not the "traditions" of the university! Now let's play some football!!

    ReplyDelete

Followers