Friday, August 12, 2011

Do stars matter?

I know you SEC guys are all about the star rankings your guys are and where you stand in the rankings on signing day. I will admit I'd love to have a roster full of 5* guys than I would a bunch of 2 *'s. Your probably not going to miss on a lot of 5's and have to coach up the 2's and 3's.

I think it was Pepper the other day that jumped me about my little pecker getting hard over a 3 * QB that was coming to my school. To be honest, I am pretty pumped about my 3 * QB. He's getting a lot of talk about starting this year.

This verbal assault go me to thinking about all the good QB's over the past several years. Let's take a look, and before you bash my balls with "Well Cam Newton was a 5 star what's that tell you?", just look at what these guys accomplished when they weren't thought of that high by a bunch of geeks behind computers. And to answer your question about Cam.....That tells me he should have been fucking good if your a 5 *.

Kellen Moore 3*
Greg McElroy 3*
Sam Bradford 3*
Andy Dalton 3*
Colt McCoy 3*
Case McCoy 3* probably going to start over 5 * Garrett Gilbert
Russell Wilson 2* just transfered to Wisky and is my favorite to win it all this year.

So go ahead and bust my balls or throw in some other QB's that got coached up or throw in some huge bust. Just get it going.

See you good day.

7 comments:

  1. As a Georgia Tech fan I would hope that *'s wouldn't matter. Go down the top 15 draft picks and look at what star each were.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And like I said dumbass, you're going to swing and miss on a lot more 3's than 5's.

    ReplyDelete
  3. they can pan out, but it you go back 4 years ago and pull up the list of 5* guys - you will put a lot more stock in the stars. I felt the same way you did, I thought it was all bullshit and 1 day me and pepper pulled a list up and were blown away.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeah Reese it was really opening to do that research. The top 5 rushers in the SEC last year were, Cam Newon 5* Kniles Davis 4* Marcus Lattimore 5* Steven Ridley 4* Michael Dyer 5*.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That doesn't shock me one bit. You are supposed to be good if you're a 5 star. When, roughly, did the stras come around? Early 2000's?

    ReplyDelete
  6. One more thing before I kick it to the house, I'm talking about college results, as in W's, not where someone was drafted.

    ReplyDelete
  7. W's doesn't matter when talking about stars on an individual. Football is the ultimate team sport so that really doesn't make sense. I think I'm somewhere in the middle on this argument. Like you, I'd rather see a bunch of 5*s over 2 and 3 stars, but that doesn't mean they can't pan out. Three of UGA's best defensive players in the 2000's were 2 or 3 stars coming out of high school (Thomas Davis, David Pollack, and Tim Jennings) Each are wealthy men now after they all made it to the league. But all in all, stars matter, but it doesn't mean you can't find a gem that has 2 or three stars by his name.

    ReplyDelete

Followers