Monday, June 20, 2011

World Series

Not much is being talked about on the College World Series so I thought I would give you bastards a little 'up date' so when you see a score you will know what is going on.

While I'm writing this, UNC is up 2-0 in the top of the 7th on Texas and assuming that lead holds up then that will be all she wrote for Texas after they lost on Saturday to Florida. This will leave UNC facing the loser of tonight's Vandy/Florida match up, which should be a dandy. Florida has gotten the best of Vandy this year but I like Vandy tonight with Garvin (13-1) on the mound (Georgia boy, Suwannee). But don't be suprised at all to see the Gators win... Whitson hasn't lost a start all year (8-0).

The loser of this game will play UNC (assuming that score holds up that mentioned above) and I will take either of the SEC teams over UNC so we will probably have a rematch on 6/24 of tonights game. Bottom Line, either Vandy or Florida is coming out of Bracket #1.

In Bracket #2 you have Virgina facing the returning champ, South Carolina and already with a L beside their names you have California facing Texas A&M. Both of those games will be tomorrow with the losers game at 2 Eastern and the winners game at 7 eastern. The Virgina/South Carolina game, like in Bracket #1, will probably played again also. Who ever loses this game will beat the winner of Cal/A&M. And I will go with South Carolina. So after breaking the brackets down I have come up with 2 teams in Bracket #1 (Fla/Vandy) and 1 team in Bracket #2 (South Carolina)... Wait a minute.. Don't these teams have something in common?

Is the SEC pretty much taking over baseball like they have in Football?

Who I'm picking and Who I'm pulling for.

I'm taking the returning Champ to repeat, and I wouldn't be disappointed in that at all.

I'm pulling for Vandy to get themselves a title. They are the ass end of every SEC joke and I think it would be nice for them to have a National Title in something other than debate (i think i just did a vandy joke).

1 comment:

  1. In all honesty, you may be the only one on here that even gives two shits about collge baseball. I used to like watching it on the hill at GC&SU with a cooler and grill, but I haven't really followed it that much. I'm with you, I kind of hope Vandy wins, but I don't want to hear all the SEC shit.

    ReplyDelete

Followers