Thursday, June 23, 2011

Current Time Braves Team

Instead of an All-time team - I wanted to do a 'Current Time' Team. Really because I didn't watch Hank Arron play. I never saw Phil Niekro pitch a game.. So I don't want to do a team that has several players on it that I didn't watch.

I want to start this team right around the Dale Murphy era. And you have to consider the person a Brave - No Mark Teixeira's ok??

Catcher: McCain with Javy behind him
1b: McGriff with Sid Bream (just because of the Pittsburgh game) behind him
2b: Marcus Giles
Short: Furcal with.. I guess Jeff Blauser behind him
3b: Chipper
LF: Ryan Klesko
CF: Dale Murphy with Andrew Jones behind him
RF: David Justice

Pitching: Smoltz, Maddox, Glavine, with John Rocker as my closer.

4 comments:

  1. Bob Horner at 1st with Sid behind him.
    Lemke at 2nd
    Furcal at SS
    3b: I'm torn between TP and Chipper
    LF: I'd move Murph here
    CF: Andrew with Claudel Washington backing up.
    RF: Justice although I thought he was over rated.

    Pitching: Kent Merker along with the big 3. Rocker on roids closing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. good call on T.P. totally forgot about him. But I do have to put Chipper ahead of him. Chipper has become my favorite Brave of all time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. also, agree on Justice being over-rated. he was still pretty damn good but we were all told that he was the next Ken Griffy

    ReplyDelete
  4. TP is not in the same conversation as Chipper. There have been 2 better switch hitters in MLB history, Micky Mantle and Eddie Murray. Chipper will be the only non pitcher from our run to be in the Hall of Fame. I agree with Furcal he declined in LA but was one of the best in the league with us. I would take Belliard over Blauser. Rocker? Really? I would take Wholers or Mike Stanton over Rocker. Prado is already better than Lemnke and Uggla will be better then all of them if he stays around, which I think he will as long as Freddie is there. Left field there is only one name Ron Gant.

    ReplyDelete

Followers