Sunday, December 12, 2010

Muschamp

Muschamp to Florida..  Feelings?  As a Bulldog it would be impossible for me not have some initial negative feelings about this but after sleeping on it here are my thoughts.

I hope WM does a good job.  The East was horrible last year and it’s a lot more fun when you have at least 3 teams that are real contenders.  Plus, how can I be mad or hate on a guy that takes one of the best jobs in College football and what will probably be a $3 million raise??  Hell no, I’m happy for WM and while I hope he doesn’t Zook it up down there I don’t want him to dominate like I would some where else.  It’s just a little crazy to watch a Dooley in Tennesse and now Muschamp in Florida.  I guess when Steve steps down in South Carolina then Kirby will take that job. 

I think Florida jumped the gun here.  If you are one of the Top schools in the entire Nation how could a Coordinator be your first choice.  I felt sure they would get a proven head coach so this surprises me.  Not that they landed on him, but that they hired him this quick.   When names that have Super Bowl rings and National Titles are “front runners” it’s shocking when you hear a DC get the job.

1 comment:

  1. I don't like this hire. Not because WM is a Dawg, but what has he done to make himself worthy of being HC at UF?
    I'm with you on this one Joe, If I'm UF i go for a proven winner. I like Golden better than I do WM just because he's proven he can win. If I'm going with a Coordinator, I'd have rolled the dice on Holgremson or Gus. Prolly because I like an offensive minded coach better. That's just my preference.
    Anyway, let's wait and see how much Gus signs for at Vandy.

    ReplyDelete

Followers