Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Just a couple of things

john-calipari1 

Going into the Final Four Weekend I wanted to touch on a couple of things. 

  1. Coach Calipari has never been directly linked to any illegal activities.  I think I look for reasons to hate this guy because he just looks like a sleeze bag…  But the more I read about the bastard the more I hear things about the good shit he does.  I still believe he is dirty but when it comes down to it.. how dirty?  Did he get somebody to help a brother out on a SAT?  or did he get World Wide Wes to cut their parents a check for thousands of dollars.  With the percentage of his kids that do not even go with WWW’s agency and when John Wall signed a HUGE deal with Reebok instead of Nike… well, i guess it got me to thinking.  My buddy DR (you have seen him on here) told me after reading a well written article in SI a couple of weeks ago that I would think differently of Caps.  I read it with an open mind and to be very honest I had already started thinking a little different about him…  Bottom Line is this, the bastard can coach and UK is who I like on that side.
  2. Butler’s Coach Brad Stevens is the best young coach in College Basketball.   I can’t get enough of him.  But he does look like the kid that got picked on in High School doesn’t he?  Actually he looks like he could still get picked on.  Prediction:  When Coach K steps down at Duke – The Blue Devils will go in a different direction than a Coach K disciple and hire Brad Stevens.brad_stevens_butler.350w_263h

1 comment:

  1. Totally disagree on Stevens. I bet he could pull a lot of Ass.

    ReplyDelete

Followers