Monday, March 28, 2011

Brian Gregory

Tech has it’s man… and it is Brian Gregory.  You know who he is right?  His teams have made the NIT back to back years.  He has made the big dance twice in his career…  He just built a power house at Dayton for Christ Sake – how do you not know who this man is by now? 

medium_Gregory prac AP ALcom

Let’s give it to the G. T. though – they shot for the stars when they offered Chris Mooney the job but he obviously felt that the Richmond Spider program was a better choice for him so he signed an extension there.  And this came after Buzz turned them down to stay at Marquette.

I thought Georgia Tech was a premiere job but obviously I was wrong.  I am not saying that this guy isn’t going to be a good coach (see my Chizik prediction) I just thought Tech was a place that would make a splash when they annouced the new Coach.  Hell, I think Mark Fox has a better resume’ than this guy. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm not in the business of hiring and firing coaches, but this guy probably wouldn't have been on my radar. Having said that, anyone is better than Hewitt.
    Oh and I knew it wouldn't be a big name "make a splash" type guy. Couldn't afford to. We'll see how it works out. Time will tell.

    ReplyDelete
  2. One positive was he was an assistant under Izzo for several years. If he can actually coach, I'm not too worried about the recruting part. The ATL and ACC will recruit for GT.

    ReplyDelete

Followers