Tuesday, April 12, 2011

One of my new favorite golfers........



And no, I'm not talking about Masters Champion Charl Shwartzel. Rory Mcilroy has quickly become one of my favorite golfers to pull for on tour. I usually pull for Americans (especially Tiger and some of the older generation like Couples and Watson) but this guy is what it is all about. Look at how he handled himself after that horrible round. Unreal he is that mature at such a young age. I will be the first to say, I am 34 years old and if I were in that position, there is no way I would handle myself as well as he did.

I never really pulled for Rory before now, but going forward he'll be on my short list of who I want to win. He will win several majors before his clubs are retired and he may be the leader of the new generation of golfers. Hats off to Rory Mcilroy.

2 comments:

  1. Agree. I normally am all about the American golfers but this kid handled himself as classy as one could. Well said Starrett.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was pulling against him on Sunday, but it has more to do with his previous comments about Tiger and the PGA Tour. He handled his meltdown with class and I think it will make him stronger. However, he needed a serving of humble pie in my opinion. Moving forward....he has all the talent in the world and should win many tournaments.

    On a side note....I shot an 82 Sunday morning and was pretty happy about it. Then I come home and watch the Masters and realize that at my absolute best I am still TERRIBLE compared to these guys. I play to about a 10 handicap which is good for the weekend warrior, but laughable at best when you put it into perspective.

    ReplyDelete

Followers