Thursday, August 5, 2010

Thursday’s thoughts

A-Rod hit his 600th HR yesterday and I’m pretty sure no one gives a damn.  Is it the fact that no one really cares for A-Rod or is it the fact that 600 doesn’t mean anything anymore.  6 of the 9 players that have 600 have played in the past Decade and almost all of them, if not all, have been tied to PED’s – will he break Bonds’ record?  He hit his 500th 3 years, I think yesterday was exactly 3 years, so that is 33 HR’s a year over just the last 3 years.   If he were to stay on this pace then it would only take him 5 years to pass Bonds’ and I’m not sure we would really care then either.a-rod-massage

ESPN proved day before yesterday that they are just as bad as the National Enquire.  They ran with the Favre story to the point where they were acting like they had spoken with him and had lined up a press conference.  Then they started back tracking saying “Minn has not confirmed this report” then it was “Minn or Brad Childress has not confirmed this report” then it was “Minn or Childress or Favre have confirmed this report”  THEN WHY THE HELL DID YOU RUN WITH IT?!?!  I count on you for legit stories – If I wanted to read bullshit speculation then I would just read this blog.

Hall of Fame class of 2010 has been announced and we are starting to see more and more players that we actually got to watch and enjoy instead of players that old timers told us about.  I heard Emmitt Smith this morning talking about it.  He was giving all this credit to this guy and that guy and the O Line and then he said something that I had really appreciated hearing.  He started the statement out by saying “and of course I have to give credit to the man that made all this possible…” so i’m thinking Jesus, right?  but it wasn’t.  He finished it by saying that Darrell Johnston basically had more to do with his success than any single person.  I’m sure the Moose appreciates and disserves it.  I look forward to hearing his speech at the ceremony.  images

Lance Armstrong is getting some heat from the Fed’s.  I don’t have any details on this and just heard a teaser for the story but it made me ask myself..  Does beating cancer and using your name to raise millions of dollars for research to help find a cure for something that has killed so many people give you a pass on steroids?  Should the Fed’s lay off because of all the good things he has done and is continuing to do?  I mean if you really think about it, if Lance gets busted for steroids wouldn’t that have a negative impact on his abilities to raise money for cancer?  Tell me I am being soft here.  Tell me what he is doing in his personal life has nothing to do with whether or not he cheated.  Because if he did cheat, then I don’t think I really want to know for sure.  I think I am cool with being naive and just assuming that he beat a field of doped up cyclist and he was the only one that wasn’t using 7 years in a row.  lance-armstrong-bike

Does anyone NOT have Ohio State in the BCS Title game?  Marshall, Miami U, Ohio, E Mich, @Illnois, Indiana, @ Wisc, Purdue, @Minn, Penn St, @ Iowa, Michigan.  With a Pre-Season ranking in the top 5 is everyone playing to see who will face off against Ohio St this year?  I can’t wait till the Cornhuskers take over that conference. 

jim-tressel-nc

3 comments:

  1. Arod: Nobody gives a shit. I heard the other day that the Bambino hit 200 hr's past the age of 35. That's impressive but I consider that racist Hank Aaron to be the HR king.

    ESPN: They are a bigger version on TMZ. Half their stuff is smoke blown up their own asses to make them look better and their product to look better. Example: "SEC Speed" I didn't believe this Farve story when I heard it that's why I posted he'll play this year.

    Emmitt: I never liked Emmitt, but I do appreciate him giving credit to the big uglies and Moose. Emmitt was just an average back behind maybe the best OL in the history of football(besides "The Hogs" in DC in the mid 80's).

    Lance Armstrong: I'm on the fence with this Joe. He has done a lot of good with livestrong, but so did Mark McGwire with the boys and girls club. If you cheated you cheated.

    tOSU: They are the best team in a decent league that is getting better every year. We all hate their style of football, but it works. We all know football is won in the trenches. When you look at draft day OLmen, half of them are BIG X products. With all that said, I just think they have run up against some buzz saws in big games. I think Iowa will win the big X this year though. I also think Da U will go up to Columbus and put it on them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The U beats OSU in the horse shoe? are you saying it "could" happen or "will" happen?

    ReplyDelete
  3. It will happen. Though I do think Da U is overrated.

    ReplyDelete

Followers