Monday, June 14, 2010

UFC 115

Did anyone see this over the weekend? I saw some of the replays and I hope that Chuck "Iceman" Liddell retires after this last fight. The rewind button was just about wore out after trying to really see the punch that ended it for him. I didn't see much, but that really doesn't matter. To me it seems that the Iceman really made this sport mainstream popular and to see him getting his ass whooped like this is just sad. I actually read his biography and was shocked to learn that he is a pretty smart guy. I just hope he is smart enough to give it up before he has to resort to color by number coloring books.

3 comments:

  1. didn't see it but i did read some stuff about it and all of the shit i read said that the iceman would have actually won the 1st round until he got his clocked cleaned. from what i understand he was swinging hay makers as usuale and when he missed the franklin (who is a bad ass) caught him right in the face cutting his lip to chin. then caught him with another one on his way down.

    i also think that Dana has said that this is chuck's last fight. and that is kind of sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He was a lot more aggressive than normal in the first round. I did read that he broke Franklin's arm with a high kick. If that it true and the guy still knocked him out, it is definitely time to retire. I also saw the comment by Dana White, but Iceman is one of the biggest PPV draws and UFC is all about making money. Wouldn't surprise me at all to see him fight again. Maybe a Liddell - Ortiz grudge match for his final fight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You didn't read any damn book.

    ReplyDelete

Followers