Monday, June 7, 2010

Monday Monday

Well I’m not 22 anymore.  I just can’t do it like I used to.  3 days of rockin and rollin will put a hurtin on a fella in my condition.  Last night I thought I was having a heart attack.  I really did.  I asked Traci to keep an eye on me because I was having chest pains.  “Why do you think you are having chest pains Joe,” she asked.  “well Traci,  Over the last 4 days I have drank an enough alcohol to kill a small country and smoked enough cigarettes to give a monkey lung cancer.  I also have eating nothing but BBQ pork and so much of it I almost vomited several times afterward”  I answered.  So yesterday I just hung out, relaxed and watched the race while dozing in and out…  I didn’t have a heartache but I did take a really good nap and had a really really cool dream.  I dreamed that I had media credentials and I could get in these things as a member of the media and take pictures and do interviews.  So I started looking into what it takes to get “credentials” and I found out that it doesn’t take much at all.  Really, it doesn’t.  At least that is what it said when I googled it. 

So here is my plan.  I have contacted Troy Cable, where my commercials run, and talked to them about if they had coming up anytime soon that I could be apart of.  They said that they had a Blue Grass festival coming up that they wouldn’t mind me doing some interviews for them , so I said GREAT!!!  Then I contacted the local newspaper and spoke with the editor about taking some pictures at a high school sporting event for him and he said sure.  So here is what I’m thinking.  I plan on getting in to some events as a media person, making some contacts and getting a feel for how things go.  Then I will attempt to make a jump at bigger things like college football games and concerts.  This will be a process people so don’t expect over night success.  I will not be asking questions at this years super bowl but I will be doing some things that I’m sure will bring you some reading enjoyment. 

Lakers/Celtics.  Lakers win game 1, Celtics win game 2.  I still like the Lakers in 7. 

Braves.  Split with the Dodgers and will continue a pretty long road trip out west.  If we back from the west coast still up on the Phillies we several home games scheduled we could be looking even better than we are right now.

Conference Expansion.  Enough already.  Since their are no decent news stories going on right now we see a head line that says some thing about expansion.  after reading it we realize we didn’t learn anything we didn’t already know.  So stop talking about the shit until something good comes along.

Season Finale of Justified coming on tomorrow.  If for some reason reason you have not watched it yet, just go get season 1 when it comes out.  Dont start our on the season’s last episode.  And after this then what are we to watch?  Really, what?  Someone please let me in on what I can watch on TV this summer if I want to take a break from the Bravos. 

2 comments:

  1. Horrible post with no stories from the weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i apologize for the lack of stories about this weekend. i am in the process of doing a post about it - but dont be expecting a whole bunch of funny shit. this past weekend was mostly about the music. story to come

    ReplyDelete

Followers