Wednesday, September 23, 2009

My picks - Week of Sept 26th

Wake Forrest –2 1/2
Boston College
Total 41

This line came out at 6:46 pm Sunday night at BC –1 ½ and by 7:06 (just 20 min later) it had moved 4 points to Wake –2 ½. This SCREAMED at me. So naturally I went searching for a reason why. I thought surly someone is hurt. Is it Riley Skinner? No. Who then? No one. The only reason this line moved this much is because of the amount of action they got right off the bat on Wake. No body moves a line 4 pts that quick. BC had their first true test last week against an average Clemson team and BC looked bad, real bad. Their leading rusher had 21 yards and their leading receiver had just 13. They went 1 – 12 on 3rd downs and they only had 4 total 1st downs. Clemson’s Defense isn’t great, BC just doesn’t have any play makers. Now Wake Forest. Riley Skinner is the real deal, how ever Wake doesn’t have any play makers either other than Skinner. That’s why Riley himself had to take it in for the go ahead TD with 1 second left to beat Stanford at home. “Wait Joe, first you got me thinking Wake. Now you got me thinking BC?” I know, I know, I know. The answer is Wake and the Under for my very first Cod Lock Parlay. Both teams know that they will not have to score many points to win so they will play it very conservatively.
Wake wins 20 to 13


Alabama –17 ½
Arkansas

I want to preface this for all my Alabama friends and readers that I think Alabama is one of the best teams in the SEC. I feel that they have the best chance to beat Fla in the SEC championship this year and I hope they do. Ok, now that that is out of the way I can tell yall why I don’t think they cover this number. Last year Alabama’s first 2 SEC home games Bama was laying 15 and 11 ½ against a mediocre Kentucky team and a improving Ole Miss team. By no means were either one of these teams as well coached or as talented as Alabama and yet they both hung in the games until the very end. I see the same thing happening this week. Bobby Petrino is as good as anybody at taking advantage of a teams weakness and if, I say IF!!!, there is a weakness on Alabama’s defense then it would be their secondary. Ryan Mallet is a great QB that can and will put the ball where only his player can make the catch and boy do they make the catch. Last year Alabama really had their way with Arkansas and that cant be forgotten by the razorbacks. Teams don’t like to get embarrassed and that’s exactly what bama did to them last year. Figure that with coming off a home loss and I don’t think Arkansas needs much more motivation to at least come in this game fighting. I don’t think this game is as close as last years UK or Miss games but I do see it being a little closer than 17 ½. Even if it isn’t and Alabama does great then you still have the potential of a back door cover.

Alabama 31
Arkansas 24

Note. If I see the two little sluts that wear the hounds tooth hats 80 times during this game I’m going to scream. Yes they are hot, but come on. I have been to Tuscaloosa before and they have a lot of hot women up there.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers