Thursday, October 15, 2009

Kicks and Picks


Why the title " Kicks and Picks" ? I'll tell ya. I'm gonna tell you fuckers who to bet on this week but not before I kick that dead horse a few times.
If you really wanna get a good chuckle, please scan down to Joe's 5 reason why Georgia beats Tennessee. It's fun to read to read about how that game was to be a total mismatch. Well that it was my friends, that it was.
I know I told you in my previous post that I would handle this game no matter what the outcome with class and simply say "Your boys played a good game", but....I can't. It wasn't a good game. It fact, I couldn't really even enjoy the victory because I actually felt bad for the bulldogs and how bad their team is. 3 points? Yeah, that's all your offense could do and that came from a 53 yard field goal. Do you know that the dawgs didn't even get inside the 34 yard line the whole game? These boys somehow found a way to make what is maybe the worst quarterback in UT history look like Peyton Manning.Now comes the blame game...
No refs to blame this time boys, hell if anything they called it your way, so the dawg faithful turn their heads to the defensive coordinator and they all want him fired. This is hilarious to me considering the defense was responsible for scoring as many points as the offense. Why don't we just admit that this just isn't your year. No more blame game, no more laying in the dirt and crying. You don't wanna mess up those nice khakis....


On to the good stuff

Gonna keep it short and sweet this week cause when I ramble out a bunch of stats then it just makes me look dumber when I'm wrong.

NC State at Boston College
BC is favored by only 3 at home? Seriously?? Look I saw what happened to BC last week and I think that's part of the reason I like em so much. I think they're mad. NC stae lost their last 2 games, one of which they lost at home by something like 20 points to a 15 point underdog Duke. Here's one stat for. BC has won their last 5 home games, NC State has won 4 of their last 18 road games. I'd take BC in this game if the spread were 9.

Texas Tech at Nebraska
I think this ones a no brainer here. First of all Nebraska is at home and they love that. Texas Tech knows how to score points but they've never really played a team that knew what defense was. Nebraska's defense only average 8 points allowed per game and is ranked 12 in passing defense. You take Techs ability to throw the ball away and they have nothing else. Yes, hey may rank number 2 in passing yards but they're 114 in rushing yards. Need I say more? Nebraska understands that defense wins games and that will prove true on Saturday. The spreads at 9 1/2 now. Get it before it goes up.

Good Luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers