Thursday, December 3, 2009

Def. Coordinators

My list of Defensive Coordinators that I told Coach Richt to go after last night when he called me after I congratulated him for the firing. That was tough on Richt and I assured him that I didn’t suggest him do that with out a solution to the problem. So here is my solution.

(click on the name of the coach and you will go to their Bio)
1st Choice
The sexy pick is Kirby Smart. Coaching with Nick Saban and helping Alabama to one of the best Defenses in the nation is the reason why Kirby is the sexiest pick out there. BUT some people believe that Kirby is going to FSU under his Ole pal Jimbo Fisher and others believe that he isn’t planning on moving till its to go to a head coaching job. My feelings are that no coach under Saban has gone to become a head coach on his next move and FSU is in a lot more trouble than Georgia talent wise. Kirby could come into a talent infested team that was horrific last year and only move up. Plus he would be under Richt so he would get full credit for the Defense. Throw in the fact that he can hire two of his coaches and you have atleast a shot at getting him.

2nd Choice
Ellis Johnson’s name has been thrown out there a good bit and I think he would be a great fit for the Bulldogs. His contract does run through 2011 but his past shows that he will leave a program under contract. The thing I like most about him is his aggressive style and when I watched South Carolina play this year I was just amazed at how hard the defense would get after the ball on every play. Ellis is obviously not looking at becoming a head coach so he wouldn’t be just a quick fix.

3rd Choice
Im going out a limb here and looking at someone who’s name hasn’t even been mentioned. Everett Withers of North Carolina served 6 years under Jeff Fisher at Tennessee and now is serving under Butch Davis. UNC is landing big name recruits left and right and their Defensive back field had 20 picks this year with 4 being returned for TD’s. GA had 8 total.

4th Choice
If we don’t have one of the top 3 then at this point im starting to panic and I go with Charlie Harbison of Clemson. Clemson ranked 21 Nationally in Defense and at this point I really don’t know who the hell else is out there. I want to stay close to home because of recruiting and Charlie ….. Wait a damn minute, this guy finished 4th in the weak ass ACC so if we don’t land the top 3 then we are just shit of luck.

2 comments:

  1. what about muschamp?

    finger

    ReplyDelete
  2. not happening dude. i sent you an email but i didnt want a comment to go unnoticed.

    ReplyDelete

Followers